Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Make Your Own Plant Markers

Posted by Maggie

Since our gardens will become an exhibit for the fair, we will want to clearly identify our plants. I did a little research on the internet to see what others have done. I found the following idea on gardenweb:

I have been using plastic knives as markers for years. Take a plastic knife (VERY INEXPENSIVE for a good size pakage just about anywhere) and, using a permanent marker, label, and stick into the ground. It is weatherproof and, if you are feeling creative, go to your local party store and buy different knife colors. I love purple, so all my markers are purple knives. All my gardening friends have adopted this method. TRY IT...you'll love it.

Do any of you have any great ideas? Remember, these markers have to be readable, hold up in the weather and stay put!

No comments:

Post a Comment